Welcome to the Duluth Daily Digest, where you can find all you need to know about happenings and news from around town!
In this issue, you will read about a new shuttle that will take you from the old mall in Duluth up to Buford.
But first, here’s the weather:
Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 90 and a low of 69.
Here’s the top news stories from around town today:
1) A Marietta man is facing more than a dozen charges after a 2018 cybersecurity attack on Gwinnett Medical Center here in Duluth. He was indicted on 17 counts of intentional damage to a medical facility. (Gwinnett Daily Post)
2) There is a new infrastructure bill in the works that will connect the former Gwinnett Place Mall in Duluth to the Mall of Georgia in Buford via bus. The bill will also include a pedestrian bridge in Sugar Hill. (Gwinnett Daily Post)
3) The Gwinnett County Advisory Board is currently looking at decriminalizing small amounts of recreational cannabis. This ordinance is being finalized this week saying that if you possess less than an ounce of cannabis, you will not be taken to jail. (Gwinnett Daily Post)
5) Along with hosting a youth police camp this summer, the Gwinnett Police Department is also accepting applications for the Youth Police Academy. The academy is open to both middle and high schoolers enrolled in a Gwinnett County School for August 2021. (AJC)
Here’s today’s events:
1) Annual Atlanta Ice Theater Celebration– This event will be at the ice forum in Duluth and starts at 4 p.m.
3) Free event at Dynamic Cycle Studio– This event will take place at 8:30 a.m.
Peace and love,
My name is Lyndsay Oxley, and I have lived in the District at Duluth for about three years now. If you recognize my name and face, it is probably because you’ve seen me around Parson’s Alley at Good Word Brewing. I am there every weekend serving tables, while during the week I am an ESOL teacher at Radloff Middle School. I love Duluth’s everything from the diversity, great food and drinks, and the warming culture. I hope that I can continue to keep you reading every day, and if you enjoy reading it, please tell your friends!