Good day, people of Galloway! It’s me again, Kimberlee Bongard, your host of the Galloway Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Clouds giving way to some sun. High: 71 Low: 61.
Here are the top stories in Galloway today:
- Atlantic Cape Community College: New Medical Cannabis Training Program Now Available At Atlantic Cape (Press Release Desk)
- No Reservations brings epic creations to Galloway’s Breakfast Alley (Atlantic City Weekly)
- Coastal Flood Advisory Issued For Several South Jersey Counties (Galloway Patch)
- Help for stressed out NJ nurses (New Jersey 101.5 FM)
- Report: Spirit flight going about 100 mph when it aborted takeoff from Atlantic City (Courier Post)
- Historical homes you can own in the South Jersey area (Press of Atlantic City)
Today’s Galloway Daily is brought to you by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Stockton University: “When the light hits just right… 👌 📸: @noblefrankie #stocktonu #stocktonuniversity #lakefred #southjerseyisbeautiful #njspots #njisbeautiful #newjerseylife” (Instagram)
- Stockton University Lambdas: “National Coming Out Day is celebrated on October 11 each year. The first observation was in 1988 and by 1990 it was being celebrated in all 50 states. Over three decades later, the day has turned into an annual celebration to acknowledge…” (Instagram)
- Stockton University Lambdas: “This year marks the first time a U.S. president has officially recognized Indigenous Peoples’ Day. President Biden issued a proclamation on Friday to observe this Oct. 11 as a day to honor Native Americans, their resilience and their co…” (Instagram)
- Stockton Center on Successful Aging: “Join us in October for genealogy programs honoring Family History Month! To Register, go to: https://stockton.edu/aging/old… All of our upcoming programs will be listed.” (Facebook)
- Township of Galloway: “Today is the deadline to register to vote for the General Election. Register to vote online here: https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/regi… The General Election is November 2, 2021 and Early Voting will be open Saturday, October 23 through Sund…” (Facebook)
- Stockton Ospreys Athletics: “Osprey Outline: October 4-10” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow morning for your next update. If you’re feeling these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors into the fold. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Kimberlee Bongard
About me: I’m a Field Editor at Patch covering Berkeley, Barnegat-Manahawkin, Lacey, Galloway and Ocean City. Reach out to me at email@example.com with questions, comments and news tips.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Galloway Daily? Reach out anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.